|Bike Director - Tracy Coughlin
The GGTC Bike Program maintains weekly Saturday morning rides with mid-week rides.
Look on the Calendar and stay tuned on the Forum - Training area!
March 2013 Member Meeting Presentation
This is a copy of the presentation given by cycling coach Julia Violich at our 2013 March Member Meeting. The file covers some of the highlights of the talk and has some tips in it.
Rules for riding in a pace-line
This is not an all inclusive list but the following are some basic rules of the road, when it comes to riding in a pace-line:
- Do not ride in aero position unless you are in front
- Do not half wheel, ever
- Ride in a straight line
- Over communicate (verbal and hand signals)
- Maintain a safe following distance
- When riding in aero maintain 2-3+ bike lengths from the person in front of you
Introducing the 2013 GGTC Bike leads!
Throughout the year some awesome
individuals will be taking us on rides throughout the bay area and more.
We are always looking for more club members to serve as bike leads if
you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Style I: Very fast, 20+ mph average speed
- Style II: Moderate to fast, 16-18 mph average speed
- Style III: Relaxed to moderate, 13-15 mph average speed
- Style IV/NRLB: Beginner Pace - No Rider Left Behind
All riders participating in a GGTC club ride are responsible for carrying the following items:
- Bike tube patch kit, and/or,
- Spare tube (recommended)
- Pump or other inflation device (CO2)
- Emergency cash
- Appropriate amounts of water and food
- Basic tools: multi-tool, tire lever
- Cell Phone (optional)
Always ride safely and be respectful of other traffic participants. See safety links below.
In the San Francisco
Bay Area for a race or traveling from out of town and need to rent a
bike? New to triathlon and not quite ready to commit to buying a road or
Here are a few options of local bike retailers who rent bikes. I recommend contacting them directly: