The Golden Gate Triathlon Club is the oldest and largest triathlon club in the San Francisco Bay Area with over 600 active members. GGTC welcomes all athletes regardless of ability, experience level, and skill level. Our club includes beginners who have never done a multisport event to pro athletes who race for a living, and everything in between.
In short, we are a group of fun loving, hard training, socializing multisport athletes --- come join us!
Director, Membership - Carla McKay
Membership dues are only $100/year (full calendar year from the day you sign up). We also offer multi-year membership for those people who would like to make a longer term commitment to Golden Gate Triathlon Club. Please note that membership dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
We are a not-for-profit so your dues go directly towards making your GGTC experience more valuable through social events, discounted coaching services, and group training rates. Check out our membership benefits below.
How to Join
Sign up instantly, click below!
- Race Discounts: WE work hard with local race directors to secure discounts to a variety different races/distances. Discounts range from $15 to $50 per race. It only takes a few select races to cover the cost of your GGTC membership
- Wednesday Night Track Sessions: Unlike a lot of Tri-Clubs around the state, our coached track workouts are covered by memberships dues. So there is no need to pay more to get faster through our professionally coach track program.
- Wednesday Morning Strength and Conditioning Program: New in 2015 we are offering strength and conditioning program conducted by Nate Helming. The program is scheduled for Wednesday morning near Chrissy Field/Marina Green.
- Friday Night Swim with Fog City Masters: Unlike a lot of Tri-Clubs, our coached swim workouts are covered by memberships dues. So there is no need to pay more to get faster through our professionally coach swim program.
- Monday Evening Spin Series @ Shift: In 2015 we are offering a spin series program with premier San Francisco cycling studio, Shift SF. This is open to 40 GGTC members at an additional cost for a 13 week coached program.
- Access to GGTC's Coaches: Through it's coached training programs GGTC offers members access to some of the best triathlon coaches in the Bay Area. They are here to ensure you get the most out of your triathlon experience whether you participate in their coaching programs or not.
- Team Workouts and Clinics: We aim to make sure our members have access to the most workout options possible. Everyone's schedule is different so we work hard to accommodate everyone from newbies to professional athletes. Workouts include pool & open water swims, short & long bike rides, and track & trail runs. Clinic topics include bike skills workshops and course run-throughs – keep an eye on the website and discussion list for current clinic offerings. Note that workouts led by a coach may have a per-session discounted charge which helps defray the cost of the coach’s fees.
- Sponsorships: We have a tremendous lineup of sponsors this year! Between Sports Basement, Pac Bikes, 3D Bike Fit, Chiro Med you will save money to pay for your membership dues and probably beyond. Check out our sponsors page for an up-to-date listing of the various discounts that our generous sponsors are currently offering. The list is incredible and we're always looking to increase value and benefits for our members.
- 10% off at Sports Basement with special 20% Days
- Up to 15% off on select races and events including TriCalifornia races, USA Productions, HITS and more.
- Up to 40% off on retailers like Rudy Project, Clean Bottle, Gu, TRX, and more.
- Member Meetings: Typically meetings occur on the second week of every month (barring a big race, event, or holiday). We invite special guest speakers such as pro athletes and fitness experts to each meeting to speak on topics that are of interest to our members. Meetings are also a great way to stay connected to other club members outside of regular workout sessions.
- Team Newsletter: The Communications Director puts out a great newsletter highlighting club news, race results and member articles.
- Web Site Features: Several website features are available for free to the general community as our way of helping everyone out. However, certain features like member profiles, feedback polls and editable calendar entries require you to be a full dues paying GGTC member.
- Training Weekend: Like many clubs across the state of California we offer our members a coached Wildflower Training Weekend. However we are one of the few clubs that reserves all of the cabins at Lake San Antonio for our members so they can train in comfort. This is not to say you cannot camp, if you want to but if you would like a little extra comfort while training GGTC might be the club for you.
- Be Part Of a Team: Camaraderie is one of the key benefits of your membership. From finding a new training partner to making a new friend to cheering on a teammate at that big race, you’ll find that GGTC fosters a truly supportive atmosphere in which you can achieve your fitness goals. Supporting our fellow members and wearing our team uniform is a source of pride for us. GO GGTC!