Ashley Relf and TrainCompeteGetFaster™ will be providing performance coaching to help you reach your highest goals and have fun doing it.
This year we will be providing training for both Vineman 70.3 AND Tri For Real, an olympic distance race. This is an unique option we are including for those of you who didn't get to register for Vineman 70.3 before it sold out but would still like to train for an event around this time frame. Olympic distance athletes will be training with half ironman distance athletes- these training programs will be the same with some customization available on a case-by-case basis.
This program is intended for our intermediate to experienced athletes, meaning you have completed an Olympic distance event within the past 12-months and it is recommended you have done one half Ironman, although not required. Additionally, you must be in good physical condition and healthy (without injury).
Ashley Relf, an experienced and decorated triathlete, is a seasoned veteran of the course qualifying for the 70.3 World Championships on the course as well as finishing sub 5:00 in 2009. She most recently competed at the 2012 ITU World Championships where she placed in the top 20 among the world's best. In addition, she is finishing her MA in Sport Psychology, which provides a mental edge to her coaching.
TrainCompeteGetFaster™ @ Vineman will provide:
- Professional Weekly Training Plans provided by Ashley Relf
- Free Account with myswimbikerun.com
- Injury Prevention Speaker by Dr. Michael Lord - Private Event
- Coached Wednesday Morning Workout
- Coached Weekend Workout
- Strength & Conditioning Program with Helming Athletics. Hosted at San Francisco CrossFit in the Presidio. Optional.
- Incorporated Helming Athletics Strength & Conditioning workouts into weekly schedule.
- Email access to Ashley Relf
Strength & Conditioning for HIT
Coached by Helming Athletics
Located at San Francisco CrossFit
1162A Gorgas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129
In Partnership with GGTC’s HIT PROGRAM-Coached by TCGF(TrainCompeteGetFaster)
- Program: A skill-based Strength & Conditioning Program that
is designed and periodized to complement the endurance athlete’s hectic
training and racing schedule. Overall goal: learn how to be a better
athlete,how to move more efficiently, and how to problem solve injury
while getting stronger and more powerful in the process.
- Cost: $225 (only $22.50/class-with intro class for Free!) Intro Class Valued at $110.00. $25 drop in.
who miss the first week of sessions (week of May 6th), will have to
schedule a private intro session with Nate for the above rate.**
- Includes: Includes a special 10-pack of classes used during 10 week GGTC HIT Program* (runs 5/6-7/11).
- **Everyone starts with a 10 pack of sessions. Classes are redeemed only when you use them.
Examples, if you come 1x week it will last 10 weeks. If you come 2 x
week if will last 5 weeks. Athletes can then purchase new 10 packs when
their current classes run out. If you skip weeks, you do not lose
- **For those who do not attend these classes, there will be DIY strength workouts written into the HIT schedule.
- Offered thru: GGTC
- Class Day Offerings: Tuesday and Thursday Mornings
- Class Start Time: 7:00 am
- Class Length: 1 hour
- Tues/Thurs 7am Coach: Nate Helming
- Dates 10 pack starts (after introductory classes): First intro class is Tuesday May 7th.The 10 pack begins only when you redeem your first session.
- More Information about where my class will be held: :http://sanfranciscocrossfit.com/
- Parking: Yes
- Showers: Yes
- Optional Days: Monday 7pm (taught by Pat Griffin) and Wednesday 6pm (taught by Nate) are available as alternatives for this program.
- What happens when I run out of my 10 pack? When you run out, you choose to buy directly from San Francisco CrossFit at $225 for a 10 pack.
- What if I don’t sign up but want to drop in? Drop
ins cost $25. Athletes have to have gone through 1 intro session before
attending the classes. This standard is for their safety and to ensure a
positive and productive experience training with us!
- Do I have to be a GGTC Member to join this program? YES
- Do I have to be a member of the HIT program to join this Program? HIT members will join an ongoing strength & conditioning class run by Helming Athletics.
Thus, you do not have to be a HIT member or a GGTC member to join these
classes. But you do have to be a GGTC member to join the HIT group and benefit from the comprehensive package.
Click below for the presentation Ashley and Nate presented at the Info Session!
HIT to Vineman Info Session Presentation
Vineman / TRI For Real Training Start Date
Monday, May 6th
1st Coached workout
Wednesday, May 8th at 6:30 am
Training Race Date for Folsom Sprint or Olympic
Sunday, June 9th, 2013
Register Here for Olympic
Race Date for Vineman 70.3
Sunday, July 14th, 2013
Race Date for TRI for Real Olympic Distance Triathlon
Sunday, July 14th, 2013
You must be a member of GGTC to join this program. If you are not already a member, please go to the Membership page and join!
|This program is for Golden Gate Triathlon Club members so please activate your membership online to join the club and then sign up for the program below.
Half Ironman Training REGISTRATION - $210
Optional Strength & Conditioning Program - $225
Here's How to Sign Up:
TCGF is a non refundable program.
2. Make a profile, enter, and store billing information.
Email Nate if you want a 10 pack or to pay drop ins. (the Private
endurance 10 pack is private, only Nate can put it on people's
4. Show up at San Francisco CrossFit :)
Who is this for? This
program is intended for our intermediate to experienced athletes,
meaning you have completed an Olympic distance event at least once
within the past 12-months. Additionally, you must be in good physical
condition and healthy (without injury).
When will I be working out? Training
schedules will be updated weekly. As a participant, you'll be able to
log-in to a training program and view your workout schedule for the
Where will I be training? Weekend group workouts will be held. More information regarding training plans will be updated soon.
What happens if I can't make it to all the workouts? As
an experienced athlete, you know the drill, knocking out your workouts
is up to you. Keep to the schedule as best you can. You can always
contact your coaches for help in planning your week.
Do I have to race? No.
Participation is optional. This program is about trying something new,
setting goals, and achieving them. Many participants use this program as
a way to see if they want to do a future half ironman or Ironman!
The Fine Print:
This program is for Golden Gate Triathlon Club members so if you aren't
already a member, sign-up instantly online to join GGTC. GGTC
Membership gains you access to various club workouts and numerous
sponsor discounts. There are no refunds for this program.
If you have questions that need to be answered, please email us