Looking for one last race to complete your tri season? Sign up for Big Kahuna in spectacular (and quirky!) Santa Cruz, the Lake Tahoe 70.3 in astounding Tahoe, or take the GGTC challenge and do them BOTH! We'll even throw in GGTC socks and towel your way if you take them both on!
Mike Portman of Portman Coaching will be providing performance coaching to help you reach your highest goals and have fun doing it. Training with a group is a great way to get immersed in the GGTC, get in awesome shape, and make incredible friends.
This year we will be providing training for Big Kahuna, Lake Tahoe 70.3, and any other mid- September Race. Olympic distance athletes also have the option to accelerate their training to the next level by training with Half Ironman distance athletes.
This program is intended for our intermediate to experienced athletes, meaning you have completed an Olympic distance event within the past 12-months and it is recommended you have done one half Ironman, although not required. Additionally, you must be in good physical condition and healthy (without injury).
Mike Portman is also and experienced coach and decorate triathlete with a number of podiums to his credit. As a USAT Certified Coach Mike has learned the very best coaching techniques from all over the world. Involving different training phases, key sessions, recovery workouts, training the mind, eating right, and so much more. Coach Mike knows all the 'ins and outs' for all different types of endurance athletes.
Portman Coaching will provide:
- Professional Weekly Training Plans
- Free Account with http://www.addaero.com/index.html
- Injury Prevention Speaker - Private Event
- Coached Weekday Workout
- Coached Weekend Workout
- Strength & Conditioning Program with Helming Athletics. Hosted at San Francisco CrossFit in the Presidio. Optional.
- Incorporated Helming Athletics Strength & Conditioning workouts into weekly schedule.
- Email access to Mike
Strength & Conditioning for HIT
Coached by Helming Athletics
Located at San Francisco CrossFit
1162A Gorgas Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94129
In Partnership with GGTC’s HIT PROGRAM
- Program: A skill-based Strength & Conditioning Program that
is designed and periodized to complement the endurance athlete’s hectic
training and racing schedule. Overall goal: learn how to be a better
athlete,how to move more efficiently, and how to problem solve injury
while getting stronger and more powerful in the process.
- Cost: $225 (only $22.50/class-with intro class for Free!) Intro Class Valued at $110.00. $25 drop in.
who miss the first week of sessions (week of May 6th), will have to
schedule a private intro session with Nate for the above rate.**
- Includes: Includes a special 10-pack of classes used during 10 week GGTC HIT Program* (runs 5/6-7/11).
- **Everyone starts with a 10 pack of sessions. Classes are redeemed only when you use them.
Examples, if you come 1x week it will last 10 weeks. If you come 2 x
week if will last 5 weeks. Athletes can then purchase new 10 packs when
their current classes run out. If you skip weeks, you do not lose
- **For those who do not attend these classes, there will be DIY strength workouts written into the HIT schedule.
- Offered thru: GGTC
- Class Day Offerings: Tuesday and Thursday Mornings
- Class Start Time: 7:00 am
- Class Length: 1 hour
- Tues/Thurs 7am Coach: Nate Helming
- Dates 10 pack starts (after introductory classes): The 10 pack begins only when you redeem your first session.
- More Information about where my class will be held: :http://sanfranciscocrossfit.com/
- Parking: Yes
- Showers: Yes
- Optional Days: Monday 7pm (taught by Pat Griffin)
- What happens when I run out of my 10 pack? When you run out, you choose to buy directly from San Francisco CrossFit at $225 for a 10 pack.
- What if I don’t sign up but want to drop in? Contact Nate at email@example.com
- Do I have to be a GGTC Member to join this program? YES
- Do I have to be a member of the HIT program to join this Program? HIT members will join an ongoing strength & conditioning class run by Helming Athletics.
Thus, you do not have to be a HIT member or a GGTC member to join these
classes. But you do have to be a GGTC member to join the HIT group and benefit from the comprehensive package.
BK Start Date July 7
LT Start Date July 14
* each program will go the 10 weeks until race day!
Race Date for Big Kahuna
(GGTC Members get a 25% race discount)
Sunday, September 14th, 2014
Santa Cruz, CA
Race Date for Lake Tahoe 70.3
Sunday, September 21, 2014
You must be a member of GGTC to join this program. If you are not already a member, please go to the Membership page and join!
|This program is for Golden Gate Triathlon Club members so please activate your membership online to join the club and then sign up for the program below.
Half Ironman Training REGISTRATION - $250
Who is this for? This
program is intended for our intermediate to experienced athletes,
meaning you have completed an Olympic distance event at least once
within the past 12-months. Additionally, you must be in good physical
condition and healthy (without injury).
When will I be working out? Training
schedules will be updated weekly. As a participant, you'll be able to
log-in to a training program and view your workout schedule for the
Where will I be training? Weekend group workouts will be held. More information regarding training plans will be updated soon.
What happens if I can't make it to all the workouts? As
an experienced athlete, you know the drill, knocking out your workouts
is up to you. Keep to the schedule as best you can. You can always
contact your coaches for help in planning your week.
Do I have to race? No.
Participation is optional. This program is about trying something new,
setting goals, and achieving them. Many participants use this program as
a way to see if they want to do a future half ironman or Ironman!
The Fine Print:
This program is for Golden Gate Triathlon Club members so if you aren't
already a member, sign-up instantly online to join GGTC. GGTC
Membership gains you access to various club workouts and numerous
sponsor discounts. There are no refunds for this program.
If you have questions that need to be answered, please email us