Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
New Member and Buddy Program Mixer + Strava Art Challenge
Sunday, March 5, 2017, 10:00 AM until 1:00 PM
A Runner's Mind
3575 Sacramento St
San Francisco, CA 94118
Registrants & Fees
2nd Annual Strava Art Challenge 2017 (sponsored by A Runners Mind)
Mermaid by Peter Transburg
The Strava Art Challenge is a fun way to turn a workout into a work of art. You may submit an entry any time through March 2nd. The event will be capped off with a group run and brunch social at A Runner's Mind on March 5th. The group run will feature a surprise Strava Art route. We'll also announce winners and have a raffle during the social.
See last year's entries
We welcome everyone in the club to participate. You can create Strava Art at any pace.
We will also be hosting the New Member and Buddy Mixer social during the March 5th event. We welcome all new members and buddy program participants to join in on the fun!
- Record your entry on Strava, Garmin Connect, Map My Ride or any other GPS recording app or software. You can do this with a free app on your phone if you don't have a GPS watch
- Swim, bike, run, or walk your entry (no motor vehicles)
- Submissions must be received by end of day March 2nd. E-mail a link or screenshot of your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posting to social media is encouraged!
- Voting will take place online March 3rd and March 4th
- Winners will be announced at A Runners Mind on March 5th
Prizes will be given to the top 3 entries based on creativity by our sponsor, A Runner's Mind.
- Top submission - Free pair of shoes (eligible brands include ASICS, Brooks, Saucony, Mizuno)
- Runner up - $40 gift certificate
- 2nd Runner up - $20 gift certificate
- A raffle will be held for those in attendance.
- Feb 19th through March 2nd - Accepting Strava Art Entries
- March 3rd - Online Voting Begins
- March 5th - Group run and social at A Runner's Mind (Buddy Program and New Member Mixer)
- 10:00 am - Meet at A Runner's Mind
- 10:15 am - Group run (you'll get to make Strava art!)
- 11:15 am - Pancakes, coffees, and addult berages
- 11:45 am - Winners announced, prizes awarded