GGTC has heard your call and wants to recognize recent high profile acts of racial and social injustice. Many of us are saddened and frustrated and feel that together we can make a bigger difference than we could as individuals, while channeling our passion for endurance sports. That's why we are launching a fundraiser for Back on My Feet - GGTC’s 2018-2020 nonprofit partner. Introducing, Make Your 2020 Race Season Count!
Most or all of our 2020 race season is cancelled, so why not donate your race fee instead! Suggested donation levels include:
Turkey Trot - $50
Century - $100
Olympic - $150
Marathon - $200
Half Ironman - $300
Ironman - $600
Or, tell us what races YOU had planned and donate THAT race fee! Unable to donate an entire race fee? We've missed a full quarter's worth of happy hours (so far); donate a beer ($10) or several! Whatever your contribution, together we can make a big difference.
- Donate before Friday, July 10th, 2020: give.backonmyfeet.org/ggtc
- SHARE your donation story in the posts below. What race entry fee did you donate? Tag the teammates you were going to race with, and drop a comment or two about your hopes: for social justice, for racing, and for 2021!
- Remind your GGTC friends to donate!
- Does your company provide a Corporate Match? Make sure to report your donation so you can take advantage and benefit Back On My Feet even more!
- Look out for updates in the GGTC newsletter – find out who donated each week and the latest stats on the competition going to see if Directors or Ambassadors have the highest participation percentage!
Since 2007, Back on My Feet has been committed to helping disadvantaged communities through corporate partnerships, professional mentoring, and the discipline of physical activity (something we know a little something about!). The communities they work with - usually people experiencing homelessness - are often the victims of both racism and police violence. Supporting their work helps people at risk take some difficult steps to get out of harm’s way.
Golden Gate Triathlon Club is a 501(c)7 non-profit organization.