Join me, Burnsie, as we go across the bridge and cycle through some MASSIVE trees!
Introducing this as a Beginner/Intermediate ride into Marin and through Muir Woods. This was my first big ride when I moved to San Francisco 3 years ago and encountered mountains and elevation for the first time–It's a good un!
- We'll meet at Sports Basement, Presidio at 9:00am and roll out shortly after
- Across the bridge, through Sausalito and into Mill Valley for a brief coffee stop
- Up through the trees, climbing to Four Corners at Panoramic Highway
- Scoot over to HWY1 and down to Muir Beach screaming 'weeee' as we make our descent
- Feel the burn in our legs as we climb through Muir Woods back up to Four Corners
- Back over to HWY1 and down the other side into Tamalpais junction ('weeee' is optional this time)
- Home through Sausalito and Fort Baker back up to Golden Gate Bridge
This is a totally relaxed ride with no drops and we'll be making multiple stops along the way. There are a few fast descents, but go at a speed comfortable for you. Expect 2.5 - 3 hours total trip time. Riders should be comfortable riding on single lane carriageways with vehicles.
Meeting Time: 9am @ Sports Basement Presidio
Distance: 30 mi (50km)
Vertical climb: 2,200 ft (739m)
WHAT TO BRING
Mandatory: Face Covering, Gloves, helmet, spare tube, pump or co2, nutrition, water, dad jokes
Contact -- Burnsie: 412 999 0426
Mandatory registration. Please ensure you are familiar with COVID-19 Special Rules (see below).
COVID-19 Special Rules:
- Rides must be limited to a maximum of 25 members per group (including the ride organizer). This means the number of participants will be limited on the signup page. Please only register if you are 100% sure to join. If you need to cancel, please do so as early as possible to allow other interested members to get your slot. Do not write a friend to advise to attend the ride for you. We are required to track attendance and contact details. Our website is the only tool we have to do it. So we count on you to make our life easy and ensure that we stay compliant with the order.
- Before a ride we will ask you to formally register on the calendar. We are required to track names and contact information for all activities. Because we are operating in a special environment your ride leader will check that all members showing up at the start of the ride are registered on the website.
- Although masks are not formally required, we encourage those who feel more comfortable wearing one to do so.
- If you feel sick, please do not come. We love to share a lot of things together but if there is one thing we don’t want you to share it is the virus. Technically we are required to send you home if you show any symptoms. Practically, we count on you to stay home.