Join me, Burnsie, as we go across the bridge and cycle through some MASSIVE trees!
Introducing this as a Beginner/Intermediate ride (with elevation) into Marin and through Muir Woods. This was my first big ride when I moved to San Francisco 4 years ago and encountered mountains and elevation for the first time–It's a good un!
- We'll meet at Sports Basement, Presidio at 9:00am and roll out shortly after
- Across the bridge, through Sausalito and into Mill Valley
- Up through the trees, climbing to Four Corners at Panoramic Highway
- Scoot over to HWY1 and down to Muir Beach screaming 'weeee' as we make our descent
- Feel the burn in our legs as we climb through Muir Woods back up to Four Corners
- Back over to HWY1 and down the other side into Tamalpais junction ('weeee' is optional this time)
- Home through Sausalito and Fort Baker back up to Golden Gate Bridge
This is a totally relaxed ride with no drops and we'll be making multiple stops along the way. There are a few fast descents, but go at a speed comfortable for you. Expect 2.5 - 3 hours total trip time. Riders should be comfortable riding on single lane carriageways with vehicles.
Meeting Time: 9am @ Sports Basement Presidio
Distance: 30 mi (50km)
Vertical climb: 2,200 ft (739m)
WHAT TO BRING
Mandatory: Face Covering, Gloves, helmet, spare tube, pump or co2, nutrition, water, dad jokes
Contact -- Burnsie: 412 999 0426
Mandatory registration. Please ensure you are familiar with COVID-19 Special Rules (see below).